Re: Drake noise level

I also get 5-to-7 noise levels with either of these combos:

Unmodified Drake and Conifer "15dB" mast pre, feeding '847 with '847 pre ON, or...

TranSystem unit feeding '847, with '847 pre ON.

K3TZ WROTE:
I think this is limiting my ability to hear AO40, AO16 & UO11.  I cannot
receive UO11 at all and AO16 is quite hit or miss even on the high elevation
passes (when it's turned on that is).

Could I have an oscillation problem?  Or is the inductor mod fix this type
of noise?

I see signal reports of AO40 of S0-2 with their Drake setups and wonder how
that can be if everybody is having an S5-7 noise baseline!

Obviously, I'm missing something.  Any ideas?

Regards,
K3TZ
--

Bill Howell