RE: BIG FLARE: The most powerful solar flare ever recorded

I guess you can say that the sun had a "Flare Up"...

Jim, N2ETE

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Michael P. Olbrisch
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 8:10 AM
To: 'Frank Grossman (WB2BXO)'; amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] BIG FLARE: The most powerful solar flare ever
recorded

Tried to set the clock in the van on Sunday morning.  COULD NOT
HEAR WWV at all here in West Texas.  In the end, I tried from
2.5 through 20 MHz, couldn't hear anything but noise.  Then I
looked on the AM Bcst band... it was fine.  I told the XYL that we
must have had a huge flair or something.  Well, there it is.