Re: AO-40: Plans for April-June 2001

> > I would be a lot happier if we could understand the cause of
> > this effect before relying on it to carry us through to the
> > preferred attitude.
>
> My guess is it's drag related, and the effect is higher than expected due to
> high levels of solar activity, but that's just a guess.  If it's drag, then
> it's likely that there will be difficulties achieving the desired attitude
> the "long way" round too.

If it is drag, perhaps due to solar activity, wouldn't you be able to
see similar effects on other spacecraft with a similar perigee height
and cross section?  If you could identify another similar spacecraft
with NORAD-published elements, would you be able to see changes in the
elements published over the last few weeks?

louie