RE: AO40rcv and the Kenwood TS-2000

Hello Alan!

02 Apr 01 11:10, you wrote to Howard Long:

 AA> In general, an IP sockets interface is way better than a DDE
 AA> interface.  In fact, you mentioned the changes for Nova support to
 AA> wispdde... Well, at some point, I'm also going to put a sockets
 AA> interface in wispdde.  We'll see if I can talk Michael Owens into
 AA> adding the same to Nova.

IP sockets also open the possibility of cross platform systems, if a standard
for communication is agreed on.  Like a Linux box driving the hardware and a
Windows box doing the tracking, as an example, or a PC-Mac combo, or just the
case where the computer with the computational grunt for tracking is in one
room and there's a simple Linux or win95 box in the shack to drive the
hardware.

Tony, VK3JED

.. Microwaves - baad surf