RE: RS12 problems across Europe

Has anyone ever considered approaching a ham body over there, so they can
pass a request to keep the satellite segment free through their local ham
news services and grapevine?

As Jerry says, many of them will QSY, once informed, so the majority of the
problem is ignorance, and the way to deal with ignorance is
education/information.

It's not such a problem down here, but I have had to advise the odd 10m FM
op not to QSY to 29.500 from time to time.  Part of the problem is the
satellite allocation is smack in the middle of the FM segment, would have
been better to be a bit lower down, which would have been less confusing,
but we can't change that now (not overnight, anyway).

Tony Langdon.
Systems Development and Support.