Re: AO-10 dead ??!!

In article <14kPoq-1jwWJ6C@fwd06.sul.t-online.com>, rschulze <dc8ts@t-
online.de> writes
>Yesterday 02apr2001 signals via AO-10 were quite noisy which I thought was due
>to the high solar activity.
>But today I was checking for abot 2 hours now - no signal at all.
>It is now about MA 250.
>I have worked other satellites this morning  - so my station is working.
>
>Anybody else has made similiar observations ?

Yes indeed.  All set up here to work AO-10 as it came up over the
horizon, nothing. At first I though it was still in shadow but tried
again later and still nothing heard and could not hear my own downlink.

Have we hit one of those occasions where the solar panels just don't get
enough light. I seem to remember this happens from time to time.

73  John  M1BTR  (Lincolnshire, England)
--
  m1btr@midmarsh.demon.co.uk
  QRV 6m 2m 70cm 23cm  Member: AMSAT-UK BATC RIG RSGB UK6mG UKRS