Re: Drake 2880 as a weak signal source?

Mahlon,

That will work if you can do all the "ifs" you listed.  I have plans to
shift the LO of a spare Drake to 2592 MHz and multiply it time four to
10368 for use as a beacon.  In my case I will use a xtal.  But this is
theoretical; I haven't done it yet.  With the xtal osc may require changing
other components to get it to oscillate.  Also not known is the tuning
range of the PLL VCO.

Ed