Re: AO-10 dead ??!!

Hardy,
I worked AO-10 last night about 0050 when it came over my western horizon.  Signals were strong as it was near perigee.  I went away to work UO-22 and when I returned 30 minutes later, when it was south of me and over S.A., the beacon became very weak and the QSB was complete (silence) on about a 1 minute cycle.  I could still hear my CW ping between fades.  15 minutes later, the beacon dissapeared completely (was not in eclipse) and I checked several times in the next hour and never could hear it again.  At 0230, the last time I checked (hoping to hear ZY0SAT), there was no sign of the beacon.

Let's hope it comes back (soon).
73,
Jerry, K5OE