Re: 13cm -> up and down link?

Hello This is Yoshi.

At 2001/04/03 10:29:14 Ralph Quallich wrote:
> I was about ready to order a 2.4ghz Kuhue downconverter (oscar version)
> for AO-40 when I decided to check the latest AMSAT AO-40 up/down
> frequency listing and noticed 13cm is not just a downlink, but also an
> uplink.  Now I'm considering a transverter rather than a downconverter
> for 13cm.  Would this be a wise decision?

  I am not thinking about the Uplink of S-band. Because of the trouble
of V and U band downlink, AO-40's S1 or S2 Band will be (should be)
used mostly for Beacon Downlink. So I think the Mode-S/K or S/X will
be very few available.

  I think that It will be better to prepare 5600MHz uplink equipments
than prepare 2400MHz.

73 de Yoshi.

Yoshihiro Imaishi JF6BCC/KH2GR
GL:PM53JV, ex KC6IY(T88IY),V63BP