dx operation

Hi all,
The following just copied from my local
packet cluster:

Msg #12  From: W6FOG  Date: 16-Jan 1510Z
Subj: DX-PED.2001 WANTS SATELLITE E
              HI W6FOG HERE,
DXPEDITION 2001 LEAVES SAN FRANSISCO
JUNE 20 2000 SET SAIL FROM  35+ ISLANDS IN
THE PACIFIC. AT THE LAST MINUTE WE HAVE
DECIDED TO ADD SATELLITE TO OUR OPER-
ATIONS. WE NEED AN ALL MODE 432 RIG. & A
ALL MODE VHF/UHF RIG, ANTENNAS,PREAMP
WHAT MIGHTDO YOU???? WE WILL HAVE A
WWW. SITE FOR TIMES/FREQ. & DATES OF
OPERATIONS. HOW CAN YOU HELP US. THANKS
 NEIL W6FOG (SAN FRANCISCO CA.)
AA6NP de WB6UCD    3-Apr 0337Z >

I know that at one time there was a satellite
dxpedition gear pool that was utilized frequently.
Do we have anything like this at present??
If not, maybe we can start a fund and find a used
736 and some antennas etc.
Anyone with spare time want to be the custodian??
I'll bet if everyone interested in satellite dx chipped in,
we could put together a nice station.

73,
Gene
AA6NP