RE: AO-40 Reception

Art,

Were you able to join us yesterday for the net session that I hosted?

I had the audio from my RX on the net as live mp3 and I served live
telemetry via the Goddard server.

I've been doing this from time to time to give those that are trying to
checkout their systems a chance to do that.

I've copied the list on this note as well.  It seems a few people have asked
this same question.

My equipment on this end is

ts-2000 or ft-847 rx (I used the 2000 yesterday as I wanted to play with the
"transvert" option)
SSB UEK3000SAT Downconverter (.7nf, 30db gain, 432 IF in my case)
Directivesystems.com 52 element loop yagi setup as horizontally polarized.
21dbi on an 8' boom

Yesterday, I was able to hear it out at 42K km at MA200.  I could hear it
off and on from then until AOS which was MA253.  I won't say I could copy a
conversation off of it as the spin mod was pretty bad and the off pointing
was pretty bad.  At the times when I could hear it out that far, it was s0.

At about MA240, it was up to s2-s3 and it peaked at S9+  It was very loud
and the Smeter in the new kenwoods are pretty unforgiving as I've found.

All total, I got 147 packets of telemetry with 30 of them being valid.  I
was in flipped mode on my rotators and I had to swing around at one time as
I have some offset in my antennas that I've never corrected and I ran out of
room on that side of the turn :(...

Oh, well, I'll see about putting together another net session soon.

Hope this helps?

Alan