RE: AO40rcv and the Kenwood TS-2000

Howard,

Go for it!!

Simple interface, the serial port # selection is already there, checkbox for
ts-2000 would be fine, will need a baudrate selection combobox.

The logic for each time Moe turns on the DTR/RTS lines, you start sending
"DN;" or "UP;" commands.  BTW the complete syntax is just as stated, the ";"
acts as the command terminator, no need for cr/lf, etc.

I'm not sure a dde structure would work.  With as fast as the doppler is on
ao-40 and 2.4ghz, you'd utilize too much processor dealing with dde (it's a
pig as you know).

Another approach might be a sockets interface.  But don't know how hard that
would be to put in?

In general, an IP sockets interface is way better than a DDE interface.  In
fact, you mentioned the changes for Nova support to wispdde... Well, at some
point, I'm also going to put a sockets interface in wispdde.  We'll see if I
can talk Michael Owens into adding the same to Nova.

If you'd like to tackle a sockets interface with ao40rcv (I know there is
already one there for the telem), that might be able to work.

With a sockets interface in these applications, we can do more client/server
functions.  I'd love to have Nova running on one box and the radio interface
running on a second...or the rotator interface running on a third.  Or
better, the rotator interface being a dedicated little box with Ethernet
that I can put in my basement, or on the tower, etc. All of this allows net
based applications to be developed and explored.

For all those thinking about software... please think in these terms.  Let's
utilize connectivity where and how we can to make our software as flexible
as possible.

Random thoughts, but in a targeted direction,
Alan