Transystem 3733 retuning and protection

I just purchased one of these on Ebay after reading the various discussions
on the board
about it (though it will be a little while before I actually receive it).

I was thinking about retuning it for 2m and the issue of protection against
accidental xmit,
and it occurred to me that there was a potentially simple solution to both.
If one were to
retune it to say, 140MHz, then it would be in the receive range of many 2m
rigs, but outside
the range where they will transmit (assuming they haven't been modified for
out-of-band xmit).

Two questions:

1) What is a good source for an appropriate crystal?
2) What is the tuning range for the trimmer cap in the 3733?

Thanks,
Dave N8JCX