re: TranSystem FREQUENCIES

By the way...I experimented a bit last night with some small caps and the
frequency of this (8.8125 MHz ;-) crystal in the TranSystem downconverter....

Adding a 15 pF cap in parallel with the stock tiny vari-cap moved it UP the
band (the wrong way from what is needed).  It went up something on the
order of about 300 kHz.

I tried to add a 3 pF cap in series with one leg of the crystal, but I
couldn't find the signal.  Either the value was way off from what is
needed, or I'm adding the cap in the wrong place.  There were the only
"easy" experiments I could do without removing the circuit board...

Thought I would share the info with the list.

73,

Mark N8MH