Re: Yaesu VX-5R

if you want to use a radio that does not have dual vfo's. then the easiest way
(which i have done on the alinco that my daughter has). is to program lets say
memory location 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc with the receive uhf frequencies (mulitple
freqs to adjust for doppler). then you program memory 6 with the tx frequency.

you tune to 1,2,3,4,5, etc until you hear the satellite (remembering which one
you are on). then you tune to 6 and transmit and tune back to the receive freq.

 it can be done, it works but is a pain.  so, the answer is 'yes' you can use
your radio but you have to learn how to use it for the satellites.

on my icom w32a, i prefer not to use the full duplex mode and i do not hear
myself (come back from the satellite) when i transmit. but i know i can hear
the satelltite and if someone returns my call then i know i made it. if no one
comes back to me, i try again.

73...bruce

73...bruce