Re: UO-14 0222 3/26 pass

Hello This is Yoshi.

At 2001/03/28 15:07:57 Tony Langdon wrote:
> Hehe, I've had a bit of fun on uo-14 with a HT whilst mobile (someone else
> was driving, for obvious reasons! :) ), and sticking the flexible whip out
> the window!
>
> The best results were had with 2 rigs, one running 2 watts into the fixed
> 1/4 wave whip on the car and the other on the aforementioned whip stuck out
> the window for the downlink. :)

  How good that is!  In Japan, we may never success with so small
uplink system... due to the SUPER power illegal (or asian commercial)
signals on the uplink freq. x-b
  Here in Japan, We have to fight with many non-ham comms on the ham
band freq. We need at least 50W EIRP uplink for breaking their QRM
on UO-14. I am now using 6 ele YAGI & 20W (about 100W EIRP) but
sometime it is not enough to get my voice on downlink.

  Too sad! x-<

Yoshihiro Imaishi JF6BCC/KH2GR
GL:PM53JV, ex KC6IY(T88IY),V63BP
mailto:jf6bcc@jarl.com or jf6bcc@jamsat.or.jp