MIR question

Me and my buddy were talking about the fallout of MIR yesterday and he
brought up the subject of Nuclear reactor parts raining down on us and
that there are many nuke powered satellites up in orbit .

So my question is can anyone lend some credence to this statement , I
was unaware that there was any nuke power plants in orbit , I thought I
recall a thread about this a few years back and that it was not so ...

I would be kinda worried about orbiting nuke plants in the sky ( let
alone on the ground in my own state ).

Someone please enlighten me :^}
--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS