Re: Dual Band Quagi

>From: "William Lawless" <wlawless@w5wrl.org>
>To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
>Subject: [amsat-bb] Dual Band Quagi
>Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 17:55:20 +0100
>
>All
>
>With all of the discussion about AO-10 I think I need to get something
>on the air. I have built the Quagi in the past and am considering that.
>Do you know if there are plans for a dual band Quagi on a single boom.
>Also can you direct me to a website for driven element matching
>information. I am also thinking of building an "Arrow" type antenna and
>have no experience building the gamma, delta or stub matching devices.
>
>Thanks,

My pacsat station (and backup/field day Oscar 10 station) consist of two
quagis with both having 144 and 432 elements.  the elements are 90 degrees
to each other

Nothing special here except in the "test" system that I built I got a lot
better circularity and almost no interaction when I moved the 432 "start"
point (ie the reflector quad) a little more then 19 inches aft of the
reflector quad for 2 meters.  Otherwise they are built as "stock" from the
QST article.

Been up over a decade through two moves with some maintenance but nothing
serious.

Robert