Re: AO40 modes

on 3/19/01 1:19 PM, Dale Wiese at dwiese@lucent.com wrote:

> If 23cm up/13cm down ends up being "all there is", then we will all need to
> deal with it.  Until then, it seems like a 70cm uplink is still possible,
> and would be smallest delta between what many amateurs planned to do and
> what is actually required.

Let's remember a couple of things about AO-40:

1.) V and U receivers BOTH work on high gain antennas
2.) The final status of both U and V transmitters is not known.
3.) AO-40 will be capable of operating in multiple modes at the same time!

Number 3 means that it is very likely we could have both U/S and L/S working
at the same time and we could even have V/S.  Now, how will the HF bands end
up working out with a microwave downlink!  That's what I want to know!

Let's see 21 MHz up and 10 and/or 24 GHz down!

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden