Re: off-pointing angle vs. power budget for AO-40

Hello This is Yoshi.

At 2001/03/17 02:11:22 Estes Wayne-W10191 wrote:
> Yes, I agree.  Unfortunately, AO40 can no longer achieve a high-inclination
> orbit because of the 400N motor failure.  That's the point of my questions.

  I agree if the 400N motor had faied. But it is not cirtified yet.
And even if the 400N motor will not worked anymore, AO-40 has oppotunity
to change its orbital plane with its arcjet motor. It will not enough
for the target orbit, but it will be good more than the orbit now.

> What has to change (antenna off-pointing angle, limited transmitter
> schedule) now that the AO40 is in a zero-inclination orbit?

  As you stated, if the AO-40 have to stay on low inclination orbit
with failured omni-antenna, we will lost so much days for such
schedule adjustments. But I think that it is not necessary to worry
about it now.
  Now is the season that the sun angle is poor if the beam antenna on
the s/c point to the earth, but it is the time of house keeping task
now. The command team can adjust its spin axis for good sun-angle,
and will do so if it is necessary.

Yoshihiro Imaishi JF6BCC/KH2GR
mailto:jf6bcc@jarl.com or jf6bcc@jamsat.or.jp
<http://plaza16.mbn.or.jp/~palau/> Sorry, Japanese only now.