Re: Special Bulletin ANS-063.02 BOD Meeting

Where I used to work, when they were finished with a microprocessor
design, just before sending the data to the mask-making shop and fab they
would make a giant plot of the entire chip, stick it on the wall,
and everybody in the project would spend the day staring at the plot
looking for problems.  More than once, they found a fatal error.
Usually, it was not an error in the original design, but a easily-
fixed goof-up in the process of assembling all the chip layout data
sort of like that LIU wiring error...)

Doug
NA1DB