Re: [psk31] Parrot (Satellite Prototype)

On Sun, 18 Mar 2001, Chris Redding wrote:

> 18th Mar 2001 16:50 to 17:02
> QSO between AD6AA (Los Banos CA) and G4PDJ (40m west of London) via parrot.

Question is, could you work each other direct too?  Just curious...

Also, Instead of trying to tune to each QSO for a two-way, I wonder if the
following might be a way to work such a Satellite transponder:

* Work it like 40 years ago when we were novices with our XTAL controlled
rigs.  We only transmitted on 1 or 2 freqs in the Novice bands and then
tuned the entire band listening for replies.  Everyone worked cross freq.

* In otherwords, use the "ALL-IN-VIEW" PSK decoding software so that you
could see all QSO's simultaneously in the downlink.  Then it doesnt matter
where you transmit, as long as you are not on top of someone else.  You
just QSO'ed anyone you wanted... making sure to include both calls in
each transmission... No one had to tune anything...?

This assumes the "all-in-view" software can auto locate and lock onto all
the signals?  I dont know if this is possible?  I would assume "it only
takes a little software..."...

 de
WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

PCsat Design        http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/pcsat.html