Re: satellite antennas

on 3/12/01 8:30 AM, Gary "Joe" Mayfield at gary_mayfield@hotmail.com wrote:

> With a + mount you are only 3 dB down if you want to work terrestrial
> (horizontal) or repeaters (verticle).  Bottom line there is no right or
> wrong answer.

With an X mount you are still 3 dB down for either of those.  CP is CP is
CP!  The rotation of the field vectors are circular no matter how you mount
it.  A perfect circle has no favoritism depending on the elements sit.  The
only difference it may make as I said previously is that you may end up
coupling some into your boom or mast if they are metal and you are mounted
in a + configuration.

Working terrestrial FM or weak signal makes NO difference in how the antenna
is mounted provided you have the antenna set up to work CP.

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden