Re: NASA SPEC Connectors

This is the reply that I sent Bob in private mail.  I think that it answers
the question.  Solder is fine, just not against gold.

73
Glenn
WB4UIV

To: Bob Bruninga <bruninga@usna.edu>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] NASA SPEC Connectors
Bob
Gold/tin form a very brittle alloy. One that cracks with very little
vibration. What is the crimper that you need. For the Phase 3D
project, when gold plated material had to be soldered, the gold surface
was soldered then desoldered a number of times. I think that this
number was 5. This removes the gold plating from the surface to be
soldered. This produced a reliable connection.
73
Glenn
WB4UIV

--