Getting the word out (was: Flying the flag)

I attended the Burnaby ARC's Swap Meet yesterday, the
biggest of its kind in Western Canada.

I was able to pick up some handy satellite stuff for
next to nothing, since it was perceived to be unusable.

I also found myself explaining, over and over, that
AO-40 is *not* dead - while it has had some problems,
recovery efforts are in progress, and are showing
results.

Maybe it's just the "bad news travels fastest" syndrome,
but I wonder why so many knew about AO-40 going off the
air, but so few knew about it coming back.

People also didn't seem to know about the currently
available satellites. RS-12 isn't as sexy as AO-40,
but it still works. AO-10 is still up there. It still
works. And so on.