Re: Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:24:41 -0800

bgreene wrote:

> Hello all ,
>
> We felt the earthquake here in Armstrong BC at 10:57 am PST .
>
> We are about 350 miles from Seattle as a crow flies !
>
> 73 de VE7WFG DO00jk
>
> Bill

Yeah ,felt it here in spokane as well , and we are 278 miles from
Seattle , though actually the quake was where my sister lives in Olympia
60 miles south .....

shake rattle and roll :^P

funny , I couldn't get through on phones or to cellphones over there ,
but when I brought up the IRLP link , my node to the seattle node , I
talked to n7kfj right away , who sounded a little shook up but in
ambitous spirits :^}  ......

Naw , we don't need amateur radio any more for emergencies..............

Sorry for the off topic reply

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS
AMSAT#26182 , K2 # 544