Re: WC0Y Web site

I am confused here with the last paragraph in WC0Y's mods:

>>>These inductors are Coilcraft 0805CS-220X_BC part number.  This one was
chosen
>>>because it is designed to have a series resonant frequency (SRF) around
2400
>>>MHz.

If you want the signal to pass when having an inductor to ground, you want
the Parallel resonance to be at the frequency of 2400. If the series
resonant frequency is 2400 then it will shunt all of the energy to ground.
The first resonance of decent inductors is a Parallel resonance which is the
case in these inductors. The "S" stands for SELF and nor series. Just my
$0.02.

73's

Pieter
N4IP