Re: Remote control languages

The Icom CI-V protocol also works like this.  You can control
several radios and other devices from one host serial port.
The antenna controller that I designed and built connects to
a CI-V bus along with my IC821, and one computer controls both
thru one port.

If I had some other gizmo, such as a relay or two, that I wanted to control,
I could hack up the PIC code for it in about 15 minutes, and build
the circuit in another 15 minutes.

Someday I might make a CIV->Kenwood translator so I can also
control my TS-50 from the same bus.

Doug
NA1DB