RE: AO-40 pictures

Hi Charlie,

You don't learn by not asking questions, ...

You can find the telemetry specs published to date (about 95%) on the
following web site:

http://www.amsat.org/amsat/sats/ao40/ao40-tlm.html

This will show you how to determine the block types etc.

If you download P3T from Stacey's site:

http://www.cstone.net/~w4sm2/software2/

Then you can use this software to replay telemetry captured in the past, ...
a complete set of CRCC OK telemetry is maintained on the ftp.amsat.org
server, a link is provided on the telemetry page above.

There were many images taken prior to the event last year, the raw D blocks
for these files are in the telemetry archive, .... look around the first 10
days of operation you'll find them in the zips.

Pictures previously decoded can be found at:

http://camel.campbell.edu/~hammond/ham/p3d/images/

These are the ones that I decoded from the telemetry submitted to the
archive.

If you review a file using P3T replay function, then if the first character
of a block in the raw display is in inverse video then it is CRCC BAD, if it
is not in inverse video then it is good.

Cheers
Paul, VP9MU
AO40 Telemetry Archive