*** FIXED *** 2.4 GHz Helix & static type noise

G'day all. I must thank everyone who answered my question about static type
noise. I still have no idea what it was but the problem is now fixed. The
consensus seemed to be from all answer's both private and via amsat-bb that
it was either static build up or self oscilation due to impedance mismatch.
I placed an inductor across the input as per the WC0Y web page and all is
now great. I have no static type noise, the general background noise is
lower and the signal strengths of real signals are the same as before the
inductor mod. Again thanks for everyones input.

Cheers Geoff VK3JDG