Re: Source for F to N/SO239 Adapters

"Lonnie (NT6B)" wrote:

> Hi to the group...the following is not meant to debate the situation with
> the connectors, only make it easier for us who want to get the 2880
> functional for our applications....this connector controversy is over
> spoken in that the cable used by the Drake when used in the "VIDEO" format
> required 75-92 ohm coax

'snippppp

Seesh ! , I go away for a few days and come back to an email slot for
satellites with over 110 messages !
You guys have all got way too much time on your hands ;^))
Either that or my priorities are all screwed up ;^)

I did not make any qualifications as to whether using a bnc on the
output was because of a desire for matching or loss or any of the stuff
mentioned in this ongoing thread , I basically have a slew of bnc male
connectors in my parts bin , and I tend to prefer them and like making
cables with them , and since I don't have any F connectors , I felt it
silly to start using them when it was so easy to replace the one on the
Drake converter , and like others have said , I was not at all concerned
with loss as I knew that there should be more than enough signal to make
it down whatever type of coax I decide to use ........

Bottom line here is , use what you like , it should work ok as long as
its not banana jacks :^}

I also found a source of bnc bulkhead crimp connectors for my ft847 ,
mouser has em for a nice price and so does Nemal Electronics ......

Glad to be back , now to wade through all these messages :^P

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS
AMSAT#26182 , K2 # 544