Re: 70 cm preamp

Also, if you add a preamp, you don't need such a big antenna.  I use a
quarter wave
whip and small ARR preamp in the mobile rig to receive on 70 CM and it
works.
At home, I use  the preamp with a 24 element beam for terrestrial SSB/CW
and
"Low elevation passes" of the LEO's and it works very nicely.

73,
John, K6YK