RE: Yaesu Command Codes was: IC-820H radio commandcodes

Hi Bruce

> Oh, downloadable firmware upgrades are where it's at, that's for sure.  I
> can't wait until the radio manufacturers get on that bandwagon .. whole
new
> ballgame there.  Then again, Apple's been doing that for a couple of years
> now, so maybe I'm just spoiled .. ;-)

AOR already did.

I upgraded the firmware in my SDU 5500 from an internet download on
www.aoruk.com. Their website also had a documented hardware fix involving
replacement of a $0.10 capacitor for a faulty screen which I'd been
suffering for a few months.

This kind of level of support must be good for repeat business, and reduced
after-sales costs (if you can trust your customer base not to be stupid).

73 Howard G6LVB