Software Upgradeable Radios - was: Yaesu Command Codeswas: IC-820H radio command codes

It looks like the American radio manufacturer Ten-Tec has caught on:
 From their website:
"Software is the heart of JUPITER and its all stored in Flash ROM!
This may be the last HF rig you ever need to buy. We anticipate
frequent addition of new features. You simply visit our website,
download the latest and its as if your rig rolled off the production
line a few minutes earlier. "

Too bad they don't make a satellite radio.  I see they are going to
come out with a 6 meter / 2 meter IF-DSP radio with separate low
level tx out port for transverters.  Now they should combine that to
their Jupiter add 6/2&432, crossband full duplex, dual receive (ie 2m
and 432 at the same time) transverter frequency display and I'll sell
my less than one month old FT-847 and buy one!

73 de W0UHF
Dan

p.s. in response to an earlier post on the amsat-bb relector: