Re: Yaesu Command Codes was: IC-820H radio commandcodes

>The Northstar N1 LORAN navigator in the Cardinal that I fly must be
removed and
>taken to an avionics shop for updating by replacing a socketed EPROM; modern
>equiment has a PCMCIA slot to accept a card that can be written from a
laptop,
>with current information downloaded over the Internet.
>
>I surely wouldn't mind being able to reprogram my 847 though. :-)
>
> 73 de Maggie K3XS

Oh, downloadable firmware upgrades are where it's at, that's for sure.  I
can't wait until the radio manufacturers get on that bandwagon .. whole new
ballgame there.  Then again, Apple's been doing that for a couple of years
now, so maybe I'm just spoiled .. ;-)

"Orthodoxy is orthodoxy because it won, not because it is true." -- Bp.
John Spong
 "Power takes as ingratitude the writhing of its victims." -- Rabindranath
Tagore
         Bruce Bostwick  mailto:lihan@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu