Re: Remote control languages, was Re: Yaesu CommandCodes

Bruce Bostwick wrote:

> Now here's a thought:  Has anyone come up with a command language for
> controlling radios that *isn't* custom designed by a radio manufacturer to
> control only their radios?

Well, Bruce, the JHTRadio interface in JHamTune is intended to become exactly
that, in a way. The method calls are intended to expose a radio-independent
control interface. That could be manipulated either though RMI or perhaps
XML-RPC/SOAP.

That aside, JHamTune should be runnable on Mac and Windows as soon as I move the
serial access to javax.com as opposed to hoping the native serial ports are
exposed in the file system as they are in Linux (a la /dev/cuax).

 73 de Maggie K3XS