Re: PSK-31 Satellite Donwlink Opportunity?

On 27 Feb 2001, Tony Langdon wrote:

>  >> Would these be live QSOs or basically a fancy form of a 'beacon'?
>  >> [and therefore why not conisder a pre-packaged set of streams from
>  >> [memory or something like that...

> No probs.  I was just thinking that if a receiver can be done away with, why
> not?

Actually, this is sort of what got me started.  That was thinking about
using PSK-31 as my TELEMETRY downlink.  If I could do it with a 10mw
transmitter, this sure improves my power budget.  And if 31 baud is too
slow, then pack in multiple audio streams.  But in our case, we have no
CPU on board, and no memory, so the only way to generate the multiple
PSK-=31 streams was on the ground...

Im working on changing the MIM chip over to have a PSK-31 output for such
applications.... but dont hold your breath...

de WB4APR, Bob