Re: Re: [psk31] PSK-31 Satellite Donwlink Opportunity

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Aldo Marchetto wrote:

> I agree with your idea to use 15m and 10 m for a PSK transponder.
> <snip>
> The problem, however, is the ability of ground stations to operate
> full-duplex in HF.

My assumption here is that one would use their main rig and a cheap second
rig.  Options are the $149 Radio Shack all mode 10m rig or that someone
will design a $50 "WARBLER" kit to use as either the UPLINK Exciter or the
DOWNLINK receiver or both...  Since the WARBLER kit project in this months
QST reminded us all of how easy it is to build an "SSB" transceiver if you
only need a NARROW band of operation (say 3 KHz) and only one band...

I have no experience on operating HF full duplex, but since PSK has no KEY
CLICKS nor SSB wideband amplitude flcuctuations, I assme that a 25W
PSK-31 XMTR on 15 meters would not interfere with a colocated 10m HF
receiver?

de WB4APR, Bob