Re: Source for F to N/SO239 Adapters

Hello Jon....what you say is true in a sense and for one application, and
it may be for some odd configurations where specialty connectors are
required by design, coax etc but it doesn't apply for the connection that
we are talking about as I said.....the "F" connector.  When we go to
purchase a connector as amateurs we don't ask for anything except a
connector for such and such a coax size, type etc because they are all 50
ohms except one "N" connector and the PL-259 which has no family to relate
to.     Yes, I have seen the connector that you describe...it is the UG-94A
but that doesn't apply here ...Almost all connectors can be used for any
feedline that is desired whether 50-51-52-53.5-62-75-82-93 or 125 Ohms
depending on the adapter for the connector, availability, size of coax or
hardline and the connection that it is made to mate to, etc., so the
impedance importance of the connector is meaningless to most of us amateurs
and especially in the situation of the 2880 wouldn't you agree?

73's.....Lonnie  (NT6B)