Re: Problem with ICM crystals in Drake 2880 converter

Hello Mahlon......evidently you didn't read my earlier post on the subject
of crystal sizes for the 2880 but this is basically what I said in the
posting...when you call ICM tell them you want your crystal substituted for
catalogue number 433492 Job number 44409-1-1 and it is size HA 26C......I
ordered mine some time ago...probably May of 2000 and had I not looked at
the crystal closely and sized it properly, I would have had the same
problem that you ran into.  They tried to tell me what I wanted and what
they wanted to sell me was incorrect in terms of overall size......this
particular crystal mentioned is about 1/8 of an inch shorter than the
original crystal, and it fits perfectly....they should substitute the
crystal without a problem.  Somehow they (ICM) have gotten so many orders
and just assumed that the one you ordered is the correct one...it
isn't!!.  Good luck to you.........73's.....Lonnie  (NT6B)