From: Mike Murphree [mailto:n4cnw@knology.net]
Sent: 2/26/2001 10:16 AM
To: Jon Ogden; Douglas Cole; w4epi@mediaone.net
Cc: k6ccc@AMSAT.Org; amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Source for F to N/SO239 Adapters

I think you are missing the point that the Drake converter was
*designed* for 75 ohms to start with.  A 50 ohm connector will
*create* a mismatch, but of course you will have that when you
connect to a 50 ohm receiver anyway.  The converter has more
gain than you can possibly use.  The F connector should be
waterproof if applied properly and RG-6 is cheap and available
in double shielded varieties if needed for isolation. There doesn't
seem to be much advantage in changing the connector or the
cable.

73 Mike N4CNW