From: Estes Wayne-W10191 [mailto:W10191@motorola.com]
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2001 11:20 AM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] 70 cm preamp

Mark West wrote, about the "$12,500 to burn" station:

Add a 70cm preamp from SSB.

Wayne replies:

When is a preamp needed with a 42-element CP 70 cm Yagi?

That antenna has more than enough gain to hear LEO satellites without a
preamp.  And none of the high-orbit satellites have working 70 cm
transmitters.

Is it useful for certain digital satellites?  (I don't mess with digital
satellites)

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA