Re: Source for F to N/SO239 Adapters

Hi to the group...the following is not meant to debate the situation with
the connectors, only make it easier for us who want to get the 2880
functional for our applications....this connector controversy is over
spoken in that the cable used by the Drake when used in the "VIDEO" format
required 75-92 ohm coax for the output of the device and reception of most
Televisions sets today........Most destinations for the 2880 was the US in
terms of high volume and we here in the states use "F" connectors on our
Television applications. They (F Connectors) are cheap to manufacture and a
very famous antenna manufacturer here in the states has converted his
matching networks over to "F" connectors for 75 ohm "T" matching networks,
so they work well for what they were designed for.

Note the Input side or the top of the 2880?...."N" connector or for some,
"50" ohms...Connectors in and of themselves are not rated in ohms, only
"Type" such as "F", "N", "PL259", "BNC", "SMA" etc. Whatever design
features of the output requiring 75 ohm coax (Through a "F" connector) is
meaningless for us using the 2880.

The simplest way to convert the "F" to a useable type for our applications
is to use a "Single" connector adapter with a Male "F" on the converter end
and SO-239 on the other end to accept either PL259 or there is another one
available for "N" connectors...this is a one piece connector and I paid
$4.00 for my application and that of another member of the BB...It is clean
and simple and when sealed with heat shrink at the connector, it is good
looking and a functional application for what we need for the Drake
2880.  Like its been said, this conversion to the 2880 has so much gain
that what if any mismatch will be very difficult if not impossible to
hear....As in any good amateur antenna applications, keep the coax as short
as possible and use the best cable you can afford....Good points Mike and
Jon.......well said....Mine should be up and functional this week......

73's to all...

Lonnie  (NT6B)