Re: infrared receiver for PC?

Thanks to Doug, I found this clever little implementation (that uses the
IrDA port header found on many current motherboards...).

http://www.jdr.com/interact/item.asp?itemno=gr-baybeam

The reason I'm interested is a solution for using my Palm at home (but
something more clever and multi-functional rather than just another docking
station or serial cable).

Thanks to others who gave me pointers on this quest.

73,

Mark N8MH