RE: Source for F to N/SO239 Adapters

Actually, there seems to be a BIG 2M signal (or 122 MHz, whatever your
IF...) coming out of the Drake into the shack.  I have about an S7-8 signal
into the IC-706 (with rig built in preamp ON).  Shutting off the built in
preamp drops the noise to about S0-S1 or so.  Into the Icom PCR-1000, it is
quite noisey as well, and it may be necessary to use the attenuator on that
receiver.

I think there is plenty of output from the Drake...I wouldn't worry too
much about coax quality actually.

My 0.02...

73,

Mark

At 10:23 PM 2/25/01 -0500, Steve Diggs, W4EPI wrote:
>The Drake (at least the ones Mark Fossum got out of Japan recently) have a
>female F connector on the IF side. I doubt anyone who went to the trouble of
>building a high performance receive system would want to lose most of that
>signal by running either  RG58 or RG6 with an F connector on it down into
>their shack. Better to use the adapters I found and run LMR400 or similar
>and keep that precious signal strength.
>
>Regards,
>Steve Diggs, W4EPI

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]