Re: PSK-31 Satellite Donwlink Opportunity?

Fred writes:
>  Doppler is a problem with PSK31, but maybe we can have a slightly
widerband
>  PSK that can tolerate some doppler--

Re: doppler shift. It should be easy to generate a simple carrier
within the audio bandpass that can be used on the ground to
track the doppler.

There would only have to be one reference carrier for all the signals,
since they could all use it to track doppler and just keep track of how
far away their signal is from the reference carrier.

Software on the ground can look for the reference carrier and then factor
out the doppler for all signals in the bandpass.  Or, did I miss something
here?

Re: Antenna isolation -- would it be possible to switch the antenna
between transmitter and receiver at a very high rate (a kilohertz) ?
The data bits are only being sent at 31 baud.

Douglas KA2UPW
dquagliana@aol.com