Re: Source for F to N/SO239 Adapters

on 2/25/01 11:30 PM, Douglas Cole at n7bfs@qwest.net wrote:

> So , what did I do for the IF output of the Drake ?  , well considering we are
> not all that worried about loss ( should be more than enough to drive a
> sensitive 2 meter rx input ) I removed the F connector and installed a bnc
> panel
> mount female that I had in my parts supply , worked out fine and is nice for
> quick disconnect .....

To me, that's a much better solution than an F connector.  Considering the F
connector is 75 Ohms, you have an impedance mismatch right there.  And a BNC
connector is going to have far less loss than an F connector (a BNC and an N
have the same internal construction (center pin, dielectric width, etc).
It's just the outer connector that's different.

You and I were thinking the same thing!

73,

Jon
NA9D