Re: GPS Antennas

Am 02:41 26.02.2001 +0000 schrieben Sie:
>Thanks for all the replies to my question.  I think I have a pretty good
>set of information now.
>--
>73, Roy
Hi Roy,
here comes an additional advise. I am using such small GPS antenna with
magnetic fixing inside of my car direct behind the windshield. So I don't
need to feed a cable outside, no danger of scratching the surface of my car
and the performance is nearly the same as with outside mounting of the
antenna. It is simple to give this method a try. Don't bother about the
long cable of the antenna which you would not need inside the car. I have
cut it to length, but no obvious difference in signal strength which is
displayed at the GPS unit. It seems that the antenna has a built in
amplifier with high gain.
73
Reinhard, DJ1KM