Re: Source for F to N/SO239 Adapters

"Steve Diggs, W4EPI" wrote:

> The Drake (at least the ones Mark Fossum got out of Japan recently) have a
> female F connector on the IF side. I doubt anyone who went to the trouble of
> building a high performance receive system would want to lose most of that
> signal by running either  RG58 or RG6 with an F connector on it down into
> their shack. Better to use the adapters I found and run LMR400 or similar
> and keep that precious signal strength.
>
> Regards,
> Steve Diggs, W4EPI

Ok , so hopefully all of this comes out ok , I am now on the plus side of a
harddrive failure and am not sure I have all my stuff configured quite right so
hopefully this gets through....

So , what did I do for the IF output of the Drake ?  , well considering we are
not all that worried about loss ( should be more than enough to drive a
sensitive 2 meter rx input ) I removed the F connector and installed a bnc panel
mount female that I had in my parts supply , worked out fine and is nice for
quick disconnect .....

my 2 cents :)

now back to trying to install Sattrack :^P

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS
AMSAT#26182 , K2 # 544