Re: PSK-31 Satellite Donwlink Opportunity?

Yes, by making the UPLINK FM receiver have a widebandwidth of say 40 KHz,
then even +/- 10 KHz of normal UHF doppler stays in the passband.  THus
the recovered audio is unaffected by uplink doppler.  THis audio then
simply goes into a normal 3 KHz SSB downlink.

Again, this is only a quick-demo way of getting a low doppler multi-stream
PSK-31 downlink to "test the waters".  THe ultimate objective for the
"next" satellite would be the INBAND-INVERTING transponder so that then
you can have 20 independent uplink QSO's... with only 45 HZ total
doppler...

I have posted the design of the INBAND-INVERTING transponder on
http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/photos/PSKSAT.jpg

Problem is, I havent figured out how much isolation I can get in such a
tiny space... yet...

bob

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

APRS LIVE pages     http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs.html